Welcome to the Southern Tasmanian Cycling Club (STCC)
Based in the historic township of Richmond where many of our races are held, the STCC is a Masters affiliated club offering membership to riders aged 30 years or older.
We race on a variety of road courses throughout the greater Hobart area, in an effort to provide a variety of challenges to competitors. Several race formats are offered including time trials, handicaps, graded scratch races and mass start events. We cater to riders of varying abilities, encouraging participation within a competitive framework.
STCC also welcomes all CA licensed Elite and Under 23 riders from other cycling clubs to participate in most of our races. Events are run most months of the year between late January and November.
Need more information? Click on the Contacts menu and call one of our friendly club representatives - we'd be very happy to hear from you!
The STCC will hold its rescheduled Annual General Meeting at the New Sydney Hotel, Bathurst St Hobart on Wednesday, 3rd May at 6pm.
All current financial members of the club are invited to attend the meeting which will have the following agenda items:
- confirmation of the minutes from the 2016 AGM
- presentation of the President's annual report
- presentation of the Treasurer's annual report
- election of club officers and general committee persons
- appointment of the auditor for the 2017 financial year
The following positions are available for nomination prior to the meeting:
General committee members (x2)
As per our constitution, nominations must be made in writing by two financial members of the club, accompanied by the consent of the candidate. An email thread supporting the nomination and consent will suffice and can be forwarded to the public officer at the following address:
Written nominations will be accepted until Monday, 1st May 2017. The following rules apply to the written election of candidates:
- If only one candidate is nominated for a position, that person will be considered elected
- If more than one candidate is nominated for a position, a ballot will be held at the AGM
- If no written nominations are received for a position, nominations will be sought at the AGM and a ballot held
A copy of the 2016 AGM minutes are attached for your reference.